Back to Recipe Search
Delicious waffles that use no expensive gluten-free flours!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1-1/2 cups Argo® Corn Starch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Argo® Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Stir all ingredients together and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Place 3/4 to 1-1/2 cups batter in a preheated waffle iron and bake to desired level of browning, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve hot OR cool and freeze in resealable plastic bags for toasting later.
- For lemon-blueberry waffles, stir in 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel plus 1 cup fresh blueberries to basic recipe.
- For pumpkin pie waffles, stir in 1/4 cup canned pumpkin plus 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice to basic recipe.
- For banana flavored waffles, stir in 1/4 cup mashed banana to basic recipe.
- For cornmeal waffles, omit vanilla extract and stir in: 3 tablespoons cornmeal plus 2 teaspoons paprika.