Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon Argo Corn Starch
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Stove Top: Combine corn starch and milk in a small saucepan; stir until smooth. Add butter, salt and pepper. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Microwave: Combine corn starch and milk in a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl; stir until smooth. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 minutes; remove and stir. Microwave 1 to 2 minutes more, or until mixture thickens and boils for 1 minute. Remove from microwave. Stir in butter, salt and pepper.
- Makes a delicious, creamy sauce for vegetables, casseroles, chicken or seafood.