Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 1 pie
- 1-1/2 cups peeled, chopped cooking apples
- 1/4 cup Argo® OR Kingsford's® Corn Starch
- 1-1/2 cups fresh OR frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 2 (9-inch) unbaked pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix apples and corn starch in a small bowl; set aside. Combine cranberries, sugar, salt, corn syrup and water in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until cranberry skins pop, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; add orange peel, butter and apple mixture.
- Assemble pie by placing one crust in pie pan. Pour in filling. Top with remaining crust. Flute edges and cut slits in top crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350°F and bake 40 minutes longer or until lightly browned.