Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 22 minutes
Yield: 20 brownies
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Argo® Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter OR margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs OR 1 egg plus 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Whisk butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Add flour mixture, stirring to combine. Spread batter in a greased 8-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over top.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until edges just begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely before cutting. (Use a plastic knife for easy cutting.)
- TIP: For variety, try white, dark or milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Nutrition Information (1 serving = 1/20 of recipe):
Total Fat 3g;
Sat Fat 2g;
Dietary Fiber 1g;